Students whose parents desire a strong academic foundation in a Catholic atmosphere for their child are invited to seek application for admission to St. Joseph Catholic School. All of the Catholic schools within the Diocese of Dallas admit students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the schools and provide equal opportunity and access to persons without regard to race in administration of educational policies, admissions policies and any other school-administered program.
- A completed application form must be submitted, along with a non-refundable application fee. Prospective students will be screened by a member of the school staff. Parents may also be asked to interview with the Principal or Assistant Principal. Copies of report cards and standardized achievement test results (if available) are to be reviewed at the time of the interview and/or screening.
- Children must meet the age requirements as outlined by the Diocese:
- A child entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- A child entering First grade must be six years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- Verification of age must be presented to school officials in the form of an official state birth certificate or other official document suitable for proof of the child’s age (e.g., a passport).
- A baptismal certificate (if Catholic) must be presented at the time of registration.
- Immunization records (with a physician’s signature) and a Health History Form completed by the parents must be on file.
Registration will be given priority in the following order:
- Returning (currently enrolled) students/siblings of parishioners
- Children of registered members of St. Joseph Catholic Church actively participating in the life of the parish.
- Returning (currently enrolled) non-parishioner Catholic students/siblings.
- Non-parishioner Catholic students.
- Returning (currently enrolled) non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students
The principal, based upon parent/student interview, student screening, space limitations and the availability of an appropriate educational program, makes a final decision on admission.
All families currently enrolled in the school must re-enroll each year. Families who fail to meet financial obligations or uphold standards of St. Joseph Catholic School may be denied readmission.