St. Joseph Catholic School will be closed through March 29th and will move to an e-Learning (remote learning) protocol beginning Monday, March 23rd. I am confident that your children will be engaged in meaningful learning, instruction, and feedback from their teachers.
E-Learning Protocol for Jaguar Students
- Parents should assist students in setting up a workspace at home if one does not already exist.
- The e-Learning environment will attempt to mirror classroom routines as much as possible. Students will be expected to complete academic work each school day. Grades will be taken for assignments.
- All families must check parent email and SIS (Renweb) accounts regularly.
- Any family having technology issues should contact Ms. Jina Kim via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy their teacher(s). Ms. Kim will respond to you by email or phone to assess and support student learning.
- Teachers will post learning objectives, assignments, and relevant resources by 9:00 a.m. each day.
- Students should approach the e-Learning experience with academic integrity. Unless an assignment or project is specified as group work, students should complete work individually so teachers can best provide feedback and support.
- Teachers will be available via email for assistance during regular school hours.
- Students should complete their assignments and submit them to teachers via the requested format by the next class day or the deadline communicated by the teacher. This is also a way the teachers will monitor attendance.
The shift to e-Learning will challenge all of us to work in new ways, so please be patient and communicate your needs.
The COVID-19 epidemic is a rapidly evolving situation and guidance from the Health Department and the Diocese is changing often. We will be updating our parents as we continue to assess the situation and are given directives. Thank you in advance for partnering with us as we continue to work together to educate our children and to help ensure the safety and health of all!